Enterprise JIRA Reporting
JIRA is a great issue tracking system and can be really critical for agile teams. Alas, out of the box reporting leaves a lot to be desired.
- Provided several reports that could be run across multiple JIRA projects so that teams may maintain multiple JIRA projects, often one per software component, yet still view a holistic report relevant for the team, project budget, or developer.
- Leveraged the Work Log feature in JIRA to build accurate Time Sheet reports based on actual activity spent on issues leading to more accurate time sheets and less administrative burden.
- Encouraged appropriate use of JIRA using gamification resulting in teams adopting best practices and accurate reports.
Other benefits included:
- Reports were used as an historical record, useful for SDLC artifacts, discussions with business sponsors, and performance reviews.
- Sprint planning and monitoring across related JIRA projects were dramatically easier, enabling agile to scale.
- Related JIRA issues, such as dependencies, were highlighted raising awareness and helping ensure the success of resolving issues.